After Paradox Intreactive bought Prison Architect from Introversion, the publisher said it was “eager to explore the development of potential new games” under the umbrella of Architect.
Well, I guess the developers aren’t done yet with Prison Architect. The new update adds a lot of new stuff which is detailed below.4 new floor tiles and 4 new wall types added
- 4 new floor tiles and 4 new wall types added
- Increased the number of foremen that can be hired for larger prisons where foremen also teach programs
- Added new sprites for missing orientations to many items. Aiming to provide a full set of rotations to all objects in the future
- Added “Guard Response” button that allows players to immediately send existing nearby guards to a location, instead of needing to hire additional guards to deal with incidents
- New “Tunnel Search” button that allows the player to have guards search all toilets only, for hidden escape tunnels
- Additional Quick Rooms added to the Quick Build menu, for quicker and easier room construction
- Following prisoners and staff has been made easier, you can now double-click on them to enable
The developers are looking into other issues in the game also and plan on addressing them also. I am also a huge fan of the game with 150 hours into the game and looking forward to trying out the new stuff.